“The perfect home addition doesn’t look or feel like an addition”
This is Levco’s approach to solving a lack of space.
Home additions are the only way I know of to get more usable space out of your home when moving is the dreaded alternative that is staring you in the face.
Most clients have strong ideas about the problem and a few thoughts on a solution before they call for their first appointment. You are not alone.
Should I stay or should I go?
Occasionally it makes sense to move. I am not bashful about adding clarity to that difficult decision. More often than not, however, we find that sensible sized home additions make the difference between liking your home and falling in love with your home all over again. The value of a great addition far outweighs the cost of moving to a different home.
Up, Down, or Sideways?
This is the big question which I have devoted countless hours exploring with clients. Everyone wants to know what is the best for them and their budget.
Home Addition Ideas
- Add master bedroom suite and enlarged a kitchen at the same time to the rear of the home.
- Add a master bedroom suite with a full basement below at the same time.
- Double the size of a kitchen with an office above.
- Create a master bedroom suite & family room below and existing structure.
- Convert a bedroom into a master bathroom and convert the old bath into a walk-in closet
- Adding dormers may provide the extra space you need.
- Placing bonus room trusses over a garage.
- Creating an Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU)
We subscribe to the Sarah Susanka school of thinking and her book “Not So Big Remodeling” In it she describes many ways to add value to the space you already have.
- There are new technologies that make furnaces much quieter and smaller now.
- There are smaller, more efficient water heaters.
- There are often hidden spaces that are not being utilized to their potential.
- There are ways to what I call “Open Up” existing spaces that ,when combined with a home addition, will have you scratching your head and wishing you had remodeled years ago.
Kitchen & Office addition
When it comes to home additions, there are too many options to mention. Having a designer or architect involved is a necessity. Our approach cneters around discovering the best use of the space based upon models that work.
Once committed to an addition, there are many ideas to incorporate:
- Plenty of natural light
- Flow patterns
- Current and future needs
- Seamlessly blending the old in with the new
- Adequate heating and ventilation
- Will existing utilities be capable of handling the extra load?
- Are there code upgrades that need to occur?
Great additions don’t just happen, they are created on paper first.
Here is a link to addition projects we have created for clients
Here is a link to articles I have written about additions
Here is a link to articles I have written about whole house remodeling projects which often include additions
Call today to set up a complementary in home evaluation. 208-947-7261