Estimated reading time: 5 minutes, 30 seconds
A fellow remodeler implored me to use the Brewster Higley poem “Home, home on the range” technique when selling a project. “Where never is heard a discouraging word and the clouds are not cloudy all day”. I am not a fan, honesty has always been my policy.
For the uninitiated, a remodeling project is rarely without a hiccup. The bucolic American anthem is far from the reality of most projects.
Remodeling your home is usually filled with exhilaration and unimaginable joy, quickly followed by unexpected twists and turns. It is going to be disorienting. At times you might want to get off the remodeling roller coaster, but Noooo. It is dangerous, and costly to hop off in the middle just like in real life. Be patient, calm, and communicate with us. We guarantee we will get through it safely together.
I’ve given seminars on the subject and have even held discussion panels for the public to make folks aware.
What I have found in my research is that folks rarely do a major remodeling project more than once, yet they have several children, a coincidence? I don’t think so.
We ask all of our clients if they have remodeled before and have them rate the experience.
Those that have remodeled before are easy for us to impress, the uninitiated are a different story altogether, no thanks to the DIY shows.
In my quest to be unique and out shine my competitors, I have learned that setting realistic expectations up front alleviates much of the anxiety and angst along the way. All I have to do is exceed the expectations I have set, to achieve happy clients and enthusiastic referrals at the end of the project.
The yard stick we use
There are clients who have chosen Levco because they sensed that we would follow through and get the job done to their satisfaction no matter what happened along the way.
Our two best matrix are:
- We measure our success by how happy our clients are at the end of the project. Believe me, it doesn’t take an independent surveying company to let us know.
- We have also remodeled for several clients more than three times each. I look at our talent for remodeling well, as a self fulfilling prophecy. To the extent that we believe, everything will work out, it always does!
In remodeling, seat belts are not optional
Much like the remodeling trip you are about to embark on, be prepared with a virtual seat belt. It can strain your relationships, it can mess up sleeping, it can affect your work performance. Remodeling will basically distract you from just about everything for awhile.
On the other hand, many clients enjoy and thrive in this creative soup. “Slow down”, one client said… “I want to watch and be involved in the progress.” In this case, a great remodeling attitude can inspire you and get you thinking about the next project.
Levco is here to usher you through the remodeling process
- Be open and prepared to have regular phone calls and meetings with our Project Manager.
- Understand that we are all available, and want to impress you.
- As the ultimate responsible party I am keeping tabs on your project daily, and can usually be reached at any time.
- Use our Cloud-based Client Portal program to communicate regularly and watch the schedule.
- Use our Action Item List hanging in the work area to write things down.
- Trust in the team that our intentions are good and that everything will get done and done well in the end.
Remodeling ups & downs
Down- Interruptions from your daily routine. (It comes with the territory if you are going to live in the home while we do our thing)
- Up- Clearing up misunderstandings. (regular meetings usually solve this)
- Down-Weather and temperature related issues. (out of our control)
- Up-Pleasant, kind, professional workers.
- Down-No lights, no power, no water after hours. (It has happened but is likely easily remedied)
- Up- Solving a problem that the house had for years as part of the project.
- Down-Your pets getting out, (or just the constant fear of this happening can be stressful.)
- Up- Realizing that the plan is going to make the house even better in life, than on paper.
- Down-Wanting to move into the space before the contractor is done.
- Up-Elation and excitement when it finally is all coming together.
- Down-Going over the allotted time and delays (Something I am dedicated to eliminate.)
- Up-Temporary kitchen set up, temporary laundry set up…
- Down-Noise, Dust, Odors.
- Up-Unexpected opportunities to improve the home even more in the process.
- Down-Back ordered materials, or components arriving damaged.
- Up-Pleasant surprises along the way too.
- Down- finding out that your rare piece of granite blew up on the fabrication table.
- Up- Learning that your counter tops are all being replaced at our expense. (It really happened)
Empathy and understanding
When selecting your contractor, be aware that these things happen. (I checked, every contractor I have spoken with all across the country and in Canada, admits to me in private, that these things or worse really happens on their projects too.)
What sets Levco apart?
What sets Levco apart is that we are along for the ride with you. How we deal with these issues defines us. We have remodeled our own homes. Therefore, we anticipate that issues will arise and are prepared to deal with them.
We are committed to move heaven and earth if necessary to solve inevitable situations. Any contractor who tries to sweep these issues under the carpet is setting you up for disappointment.
There is no one that would like to impress you more, improve your home, and get you back to your normal routine more than the Levco Team.
Your comments are welcome. To ask questions or get more information about remodeling, click here to email me directly, or call 208-947-7261
If you or someone you know is considering remodeling or just wants to speak to a trustworthy remodeling contractor please contact me, you’ll be glad you did.