Estimated reading time: 3 minutes, 38 seconds
What wise person came up with this amazingly simple saying? Scientifically proven or not, I can tell you that anecdotally it is a real phenomenon. To that end, what can be done to make wives happier? Sure, there are chocolate and flowers, but they are not a daily reminder of the love and devotion we share for our spouses. Vacations are a time to reconnect and relax together. Imagine what a refreshed kitchen could do for her….
How Levco Can Help
At the recent home tour, where we showed off a kitchen addition. I overheard several conversations that I found remarkable. Snippets like, “Can you imagine waking up to this kitchen?” or “Yeah, but when you walked in the door from work to this kitchen your whole attitude would change.”
Is it time for a redesign? Let’s make the “One Butt” kitchen a thing of the past! One woman told me that the kitchen in the home she grew up in was so small she credits it for never learning how to cook. There was no room to work in!
We can create more, (and more easily accessible) storage space better lighting, and more work space. Who wouldn’t want less clutter and more room to make a meal or bake? How about making the kitchen the place to gather, prepare a meal and dine together, and share your day? Not to mention the option to use it as the hub for entertaining.
The fear of remodeling, to be blunt. Who among us is not a tad bit apprehensive about the whole thing?
“I could almost hear my credit card crying.” These emotional words were uttered by a speaker at a conference recounting how a remodeling contractor up-sold the wife, in this case on a cast iron bathtub in front of him.
Between getting in over your head financially, uttering the most expensive 4 words in remodeling “While-You’re-At-It,” and the uncertainty if you picked the right remodeling contractor for the job, who wouldn’t be ready for a panic attack? Some liken it to the thought of holding hands and jumping off a cliff.
What if I told you that we get it, and we have a 4-step program to get you over it? The last kitchen we remodeled was 10 years in the discussion phase before we were even contacted. Why wait a decade to improve your home?
The 4 Step Levco Process to Allay the Fears
- Opinion of investment: we share what we believe it will cost to build your initial ideas
- Design phase: Letter of intent for pre-construction services
- We draw existing and proposed plans
- We create a DOW (Description Of Work) document
- We estimate the project to the nearest dollar.
- Procedural Pause: We share our findings with you including price and timeline.
- Remodeling agreement: Deconstruction through final cleanup.
We can change how you interact with your home
Red-lining the happiness meter is not necessarily a daily event, so when it happens, celebrate! Having a home design that makes sense adds to the joy of life: after all, you can’t take it with you. What we all want in our homes is a sanctuary away from the daily grind, where we can let our hair down and be ourselves. A well-designed kitchen can help get us closer to that happy place.
- Will a new kitchen salvage a sour relationship? I suppose it could, but that seems shallow & unlikely.
- Will it increase the odds of better communication and understanding? Yes, that is possible & likely.
- Will you be able to share the joy of cooking and baking more easily with your family? Yes, this is absolutely true.
- Will it bring out some creativity and an outlet for your talent to prepare great food together? Indeed!
Your comments are welcome. To ask questions or get more information about remodeling, click here to email me directly, or call 208-947-7261
If you or someone you know is considering remodeling or just wants to speak to a trustworthy remodeling contractor please contact me, you’ll be glad you did.