Estimated reading time: 1 minute, 21 seconds
I have been a safety nut for my entire adult life. My Emergency Medical profession has had me picking up the pieces of so many broken people over the years, I thought it only natural that I make this safety moment segment a regular portion of Levco’s BLOG.
Winter time brings all sorts of additional peril into our lives and to drive the message home, I have added a snip it of national statistics to prove my point.
- 45% of home decoration fires start with candles.
- 260 home fires begin with Christmas trees each year, resulting in 12 deaths, 24 injuries, and $16.4 million in property damage.
- 5,800 people per year are treated in hospital emergency rooms for falls associated with holiday decorations.
- 1,170 home fires began with decorations, excluding Christmas trees.
- 3 top days of year for candle fires–Christmas, Christmas Eve, and New Year’s Day.
- 4,000 injuries associated with electric extension cords are treated in hospital emergency rooms.
- 3,300 home fires originate in extension cords each year, killing 50 people and injuring about 270 more.
Turns out that there are others out there that are entirely focused upon safety and one of them is my friend Dr. Isabel Perry. She has a regular business of sharing her advice and is a nationally known speaker on the topic. The above information came directly from one of her newsletters!
My primary focus in life is being a professional Remodeler in Boise Idaho. I feel it is my responsibility as a professional to share these helpful hints and tips to keep my community and clients healthy and happy for years to come.